Thursday, June 19, 2014

Brayer class at Odette's

On Monday night, I went to a stampin' up! class at Odette's house (lemme know if you need her online shop details). We were working on brayer techniques and since I had had limited success (to put it mildly) with using brayers, I thought I'd take a class. It was such a fun night out and I got some great ideas of different ways you can use your brayer. After some practicing, we moved on to making cards. We made the hardest card first but I've uploaded them 'easiest to hardest'.

This first card is brayering a single layer of colour onto a card (the purple square in the middle started out white) then stamping over it. Perfect plum and Elegant eggplant:


This card, I really liked. The circle was masked off with a post-it note and we brayered the fading colour on. There was a technique (one, two, THREE) to it which I didnt quite master (you can see a darker yellow line above my circle) but I am sure I will improve with practice! Also a great way to use up some of my less favourite colours (as you will see in a minute).


This card was SO cool to make. We brayered on layers of ink (masking off the moon first, of course) and used ripped paper to create the island in the middle (ripped a hole on it, lay it on the card and brayered dark ink into the negative space the rip created). I will certainly be making this one again. When I went to craft group today and they asked what we did at class, this card was the one they wanted to try:


Last night, I pulled out some kiwi kiss (not my favourite colour) and attempted to re-create one of the cards.

It was then that I discovered that this card looks WEIRD with flowers floating in the middle of no-where. Odette's stamp actually  had grass at the bottom but mine were sitting suspended. I fixed it by adding ribbon. And though to myself that I shouldnt have been so lazy as to not properly line up the top of those flowers but men...maybe some of them are flying off in the wind! :P And then I put the greeting on crooked and had to stamp it and stick it on to cover it up lol:


Take two:


Card count: 135




No comments: