Saturday, February 2, 2013

Up to 26 cards

I am on a bit of a roll and have already made 26 cards this year!

This is my current favourite and I want to make lots more of it but I loaned my owl punch to my friend Sheryl so she and her daughter could make some. The background (I'm not sure you can see it) has a wood grain stamped onto it and it's meant to look like two owls in trees, looking at each other:


The same night, I made these monkey cards which I coloured in by hand:



I made two of these:

This one, I made tonight. I punched out a shape, then used the negative space left behind to sponge three colours of ink onto the card. Then I simply stamped some flowers, a greeting, a butterfly (which I cut out and raised up with adhesive foam) then tied on some bakers twine and added it to a co-ordinated background cardstock. I'll probably make more as I quite like it. I will likely make some alterations to the next one though:



These cupcakes were also hand coloured in. I made two of this one:


And this one that I didnt like at all. The stamp wasnt right for the card (which is why I swapped to the one above) but it was also too close to the cupcake for me to consider hiding it beneath some other layers. Oh well, a child probably won't mind.



Next up, I made these cards with birds standing on a wire (brown raffia that I tied knots in). These didnt photograph very well but they look nice enough:

Another owl card. I was trying different types of browns to see what I liked. You can see the wood grain better on this colour but I like the first one better.



This looks terrible enough that I want to re-photograph it in daylight lol.


And then I thought to myself...this isnt how I intended this card to look...what is wrong? And then I realised, this isnt the stamp I bought!!! Look below and you will see a bird with it's tail up in the air and look above to see how it stamped-with it's tail flat! I will ask to swap it on Monday. Even if it's used, it still isnt what I asked for!



No comments: