Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cards again lol.

27 and 38: These two cards were made because I wanted to thank my sister  Jan for a stack of paper she gave me for Christmas. She doesn't usually buy me gifts so it was a nice surprise. She gave me a book of patterned paper and I cut a slice of a few sheets and stuck them together to create this diagonal pattern. Each was cut to one inch and then another layered behind it, meaning each layer was a half inch wide. Once they were all together, I was able to cut it in half and get two cards from one lot of cutting-now that's what I like to do! The bottom of the two is for my sister, the top one I made second and is just to show you want a difference a background colour can make to a card. Had it not have been 2am, I might have done more to the top design...I dont like how it turned out but oddly I like the brown one!



Card 29: Ok the simple truth is that I went to return the bird stamp (see previous card post) and saw this stamp, I just couldn't walk out without it! I coloured it quickly with copic markers and slapped it on a card that just happened to co-ordinate and be laying on my desk lol. I could have decorated it more but I wanted the bunnies to be the feature and I kinda like it's simplicity.


Cards 30-33: All were made with Stampin' up! ink because I didnt need any real permanency with them, the werent being embossed or getting wet.

This is the same as card 21 I made. Well, not identical as it has a different ribbon and the butterfly in a different place but close enough to 'the same' as I used all the same inks and techniques. When I do inking/sponging techniques like this, I really like to throw in one colour that doesnt 'go' as well. It makes for a beautiful effect. This one had two shades of yellow, so I threw in a hint of pink and it came out almost like a sunset!


I put the card below on facebook and it seemed reasonably popular! I started by cutting out a frame shape using nestabilities and my bigshot machine. Normally you would throw out the scrap edge and put the shape on a card (and I will in future, I kept them all), but this time I used the frame that was created when I removed the center cut out. I taped the frame to the card so it didnt move and used four inkpads. The first I used was a light yellow (so saffron by Stampin' up!) which I sponged onto the outside frame and never actually sponged onto the card because I intended that the colour got dragged off the frame and onto the card when I added the light grey. This yellow was my 'unexpected colour' and made a sensational difference to the end result. Second was a very light grey ink which I dragged from the outside, directly into the centre of the card using sponge. Then Buckaroo (medium to light) blue was added to the card using a sponge and a swirling motion. Finally I added 'not quite navy' ink to a few places (do you see it top right, that bit of darker blue-you really can't add too much of an intense colour or you lose the subtle marble look). Then I simply chose a pretty stamp and greeting, stamped them on and removed the frame that was keeping the outside white. It is always a bit of a shock when you remove the outside frame because it is SO much darker than you imagine it will be. Aside from that, I rounded the right hand corners, added bakers twine and put it on a layer of co-ordinating blue card stock.


Then I got to thinking, what other frame shapes do I have for my bigshot? Oh I have nestabilities scallop ovals! Voila-next card created!



And finally I decided to make a square card which meant I needed a more even-sided die. I used a nestabilities one (that I forget the name of and am too lazy to go find lol). It needed a different flower stamp because of it's shape so I went with a GORGEOUS set I got from Gina. K designs/stamptv. Adding a quick knot and rounding corners and the card was done!


I'm having great fun in my craft room lately, but the housework is suffering a little lol.

Oh and I've made one more but it's a scheduled post for after someone special's birthday!



No comments: