Monday, February 4, 2013

theDIYdish

So I sewed myself a huge handbag tonight. I had to drop my nephew at work early and I don't do early mornings, so I stayed up instead lol. I saw this bag tutorial on youtube (channel in the title of this post) and thought I could easily sew it, so I did. The only changes I made were to add a magnetic closure and sew in a pocket on the lining, this bag is WAY too big to go searching for your phone! Lucky for me, I love a big bag lol.


Here you can see a little more detail. The inside and outside are sewn the exact same way and the two layers are sewn together. The inside and outside are opposites and the strap is opposite (so it matches the inside). I really like the little pleats on the outside, quite cute! The photo below is the more realistic colouring. Oh and the material for this bag (excluding the magnetic snap) was $4!


No comments: