Saturday, March 21, 2009

A fun Saturday!

Yesterday I received a craft order and one of the things I had ordered was a ribbon dispenser. For some reason I imagined it coming already decorated but it came as a flat pack of plain wood pieces. Out came the paint! It's actually a much darker shade than this (flash has made it lighter) and is actually crimson and white mixed but not fully mixed. When all the pieces had dried enough, I picked out two different patterns of paper, stuck them together overlapping then stuck them down onto the box. Then selected some flowers, poked brads through them and glued them to the paper/box. It actually looks a LOT cuter in real life, I'm happy with it! I'll leave it to dry for a day then tomorrow I'll add rolls of ribbon to the inside so the ends poke out a tiny bit.


The kit for this box also came in my craft order yesterday. In actual fact I bought two of them but only put one together today. I think it comes in three shapes but this one was the more pleasing to my eye (I like symmetrical things). It took a lot of glue and delicate cutting to make this but I am happy with how cute it turned out!


The top view:

1 comment:

Quaver said...

I love that box at the bottom. It definitely has that Japanese feel!