Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Two of my more recent efforts...

This was me trying to find a use for my very pretty new flower stamp. I stamped it onto the white card. The next step was to layer it with something to give definition to the area so I found a piece of pink and green paper. Once I'de decided what colour paper, I found the green paper brads and put them through the centres of the flower to give some 3-d effect. Then I used double sided tape to stick this onto white base card. Next I attached green and pink matching ribbon (using normal sellotape). I got some spare white card and stamped it in matching ink to the flowers, layered it on more of the pink and green paper and attached it off centre to the ribbon. A slightly unusual baby card, but I like it!


I made this card tonight. First I folded the base card and tore down the front edge. Using white card, I stamped a flower stamp with an ink pad that has three colours in it. Each was stamped slightly off to the side to leave room for the paper brads (two to the right edge, one to the left edge). Once the brads were on, I turned one to the opposite of the outter two white cards and used double sided tape to attach them to the sky blue paper. Using the same ink and stamp, I stamped the base card (note that this may appear a different colour despite the same ink used) making sure that every second stamp stamped over the edge of the paper edge. To make sure that the flowers dont stamp onto the inside of the card, slip a sheet of printer paper in the middle of the card to catch the overstamp area. Finally I stuck the sky blue rectangle onto the base card.




1 comment:

Shandi said...

im liking both these cards, very cool!