Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Background stamp is paisley inked with white ink and stamped layered onto pink card. Happy birthday using white ink, stamped onto lighter pink card then layered onto darker pink card. White ribbon sellotaped to back of dark pink card, flower embellishment added to front using a paper brad going through the centre of the flower, ribbon and card. Then all that layered onto white card and attached to the base card using raised up double sided foam.


I ripped the edge of a paisley paper, layered it onto red base card using orange brads and double sided tape.Next I added red card, then stamped a flower onto some orangey paper. It was stamped three times without re-inking for a triple flower effect. Poked a hole and added embellishment 'leaf' and using matching paper and ink, I stamped a 'love' stamp and cut it to shape, attached it with double sided tape and stuck the rectangle embellishment over the top, attaching it with brads.



3 comments:

Kelly said...

My two cents worth (and remember I am about as creative as a flea) is I am not so fussed on the leaf on the second card. It looks a little out of place in my humble opinion. But I think both cards are very charming and am in awe of your ability to dream up a card just by looking at your materials and not following patterns or premade designs (which would be all I could manage!)

Heather said...

Yeah as I said in my other entry, I dont like it there, but there is a hole in the card so SOMETHING will go there now lol. I think I figured out what to do. It's a little hard for you guys who dont make things, but there needs to be some form of 3-d on a hand made card and I would have raised that whole yellow-orange area off the next layer down but it was paper not card so wasnt strong enough.

Shandi said...

love the first card, simple yet effective and pretty colour :)