Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Shimmer card

I call this card my shimmer card because everything but the purple base card shimmers in the light.

  1. I started with purple base card cut to shape.
  2. With my new ink and an old stamp, I stamped onto shimmer white cardboard (left over from my wedding invitations-it shimmers purple).
  3. I used double sided tape to stick this onto leftover purple base card (I dont buy my card already cut to shape).
  4. TIP: When you are layering card, I reccomend you stick the stamped image onto the next layer down and THEN trim that layer, that way if you put it on crooked you can just trim it straight again. If you've cut it to shape then tried to stick the top layer on, a bit of a crooked stuff up and you have to start again.
  5. I then put the two top layers (flower stamp and purple layer) onto more of the white shimmer card and cut it close on three edges and left a wider edge on the right side of it.
  6. On that leftover area, I attached a shimmer 'ribbon' and attached it with four paper brads (also left over from my wedding).
  7. Finally I mounted all that onto my original purple card stock.

Card stock-purple
White card-shimmers purple
Stamp ink-purple and shimmers copper
Ribbon-purple and shimmers copper

Now what to do with the almost 20 cards I have sitting unused in my drawer!?

1 comment:

Shandi said...

~~am loving the shimmer copper stuff very cool.
~~send me one send me one!! hehe