Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Craft retreat

This past weekend, with restrictions lifting, I went away to a craft retreat with 7 other women. We had a wonderful time! We had to do a heap of social distancing...no hugs, not sharing craft supplies, our own plates, bowls, cutlery, tea towels, hand towels, desks spaced apart etc...but it was well worth it. I dont feel I made a HEAP of work, given I was there Friday 4pm-Sunday 2pm!

So lets get started. The vast majority of these are pinterest inspired, hopefully I can find the original people so I can give you a name to look up.

Inspired by Stampin' always with Dori. She had a square card, I wanted rectangular for standard postage. The cat is out of Grace's Garden. They were coloured with alcohol markers and each has two mini-dimensionals behind it.



So I have been making some cards using 6x6 DSP. When I do this, I start by cutting one side to 10cm so I have a wide strip left. This is the kind of card that I use this strip for. However in this case, I didnt start with 6x6 lol. I usually cut another shape from the paper and raise a few bits up for a bit more lift. I have a couple of other samples of this but I didnt add them to this post...maybe my next post?


I really dont recall where the inspiration for this came from. I apologise if it is your design I copied! I highly doubt anyone will read this so likely no-one will mind or notice lol. I made this card four times. Two with Just Jade, two with Misty Moonlight. The crackle background ones have stitching down the left side and the other two dont. Flowers are from the Honey Bee set and I think (the middle fern looking foliage) is from Everything's Rosy.



This is heavily inspired by www.maryannecowan.com but I decided my DSP needed a layer of green behind it. I think this one is garden gree. Ribbon is Mint macaron. The two parts sticking out behind the ribbon (they remind me a little of wheat) are from the new sunflower stamp set.


This is what it looked like without the green behind it:


This is a pretty direct CASE of Penny O'Brien's card. I used the new old world paper folder on the back of the flowers:



Honey bee cards! These are both Mango Melody in the background. The branch is from a retired bird punch, I sponged mango melody on it until I was happy with the intensity of colour. I used the honeycomb die to cut a stencil to sponge a bit of mango melody onto the background. The second card has the oil blob from geared up garage in the background instead.



This one should be further up...I need to work on my uploading skills lol.



This is a ripping technique. You basically use one piece of DSP, cut it to the width of your card base front layer. I am in Australia so 10cm wide for us. It really needs to be a longer piece of DSP than you want, so when you rip it, you have room to flip and stick it without a gap in the middle. But I had new papers and I liked how they went together so for this example, I used two papers. The flowers are the new Jar of flowers stamp and punch. 



These two are CASEd from Lollypop Paper and Inky by Lori Pinto. I used whatever ribbon I happened to have away at the retreat with me. I thought I would be smart and not pack much ribbon...mistake!



This one was CASEd from Connie Stewart. www.simplysimplestamping.com I love the look, I think its so cute!



These two were CASEd from Chris Slogar from buckeyeinklings.com and I think I have to tell you, these are much prettier in real life!




Oh look, here are the other two that should be up the top lol.



Well I am doing better at telling you where my ideas came from but I got too lazy to reorganise the photos...I am but human and I think you'll forgive me lol.

No comments: