Monday, May 4, 2020

A day of CASEing

Today I popped into my craft room and whipped up three cards. 

This first card is a CASE of a card by Chris Smith. I got a craft sheet and added 2-3 drops of each re-inkers. I chose mint macaron, peekaboo peach (retired) and petal pink. To those drops I added white re-inker so I got a more cloudy/diluted ink colour.  I applied it to a piece of white card stock using a foam brayer. Working from lightest to darkest, I used just the one roller for all. Any blotches just add to the background effect so I didnt bother with a clean roller each time, I just rolled the excess onto scrap before I rolled it in the next colour. 

Then I glued it beneath a bird ballad card base, stamped a greeting in mint macaron and die cut it with a large stiched oval die. I coloured in some flowers and die cut them and the entire panel is layered up on dimensionals, over a strip of ribbon which tied through the inside of the card.




This next card has an electrical circuit inside it so the lighthouse lights up. To get this effect, I cut a card front in white card stock.  The first thing I did was clear emboss the birds so that they would resist ink when I coloured the background. Then I used a sponge brayer to lay down pool party, bermuda bay and night of navy ink. When I was done, I used a tissue to remove the ink sitting on top of the birds

Then I cut the card front using the third from largest stitched rectangle die I had. I used an aqua painter to drop one drop of water onto my card (which I kinda regret...I didnt like the placement of it) and then used the lid to help me flick smaller droplets onto the card front for some added 'texture.'

Finally, I white embossed a birthday greeting onto some basic grey card stock and cut it with the smallest stitched rectangle I had. I used the same die to cut a crumb cake and night of navy rectangle, both of which I cut in half and glued onto the back of my coloured panel.

The background is whisper white which I used a subtle embossing folder on and the base of the card is crumb cake. The lighthouse was stamped in night of navy onto whisper white. I coloured the shadded lines with a light gray granite alcohol marker. This entire card was CASEd from kimsstampingspot.blogspot.com so go check it out!


No comments: