Monday, July 7, 2014

more cards!

You may remember these first three cards from earlier this year, I made one at technique camp. They are stamped in a (retired) stamp set from Stampin' up! You can use any three colours you like, then put it through an embossing folder, layer onto black card and onto a white card base. Then stamp whatever phrase you want, onto white card stock and punch it out. I used the same exact punch to punch the black, but cut it in half (side to side). Then I trimmed off the point on the each side, stuck them together and used adhesive foam to raise them up off the card.

Wild wasabi, perfect plum and...ahh...(I wrote this down and left the note downstairs lol)...Marina mist?


Pacific point, tempting turquoise and...daffodil delight?



Cajun craze, night of navy and pumpkin pie?

This card, I got off pinterest. I got these banner stamps and punch free during sale-a-bration this year and haven't used them. I saw this card and decided it looked easy enough! Only I didnt have the matching orange ribbon so I turned to baker's twine.


This 'hi' was left over from the card above so I just made another whole card to use it up lol.


This post is a bit out of order, because this is the most recent card I made. I masked off using post-it notes then stamped the flower in versamark and clear embossed it. Then while the mask was still on, I sponged on 'so saffron', 'daffodil delight' and 'crushed curry'. Finally I stamped the flower stamp in crushed curry (above the embossing) then removed the post-it notes and stamped off to the right. Then I used a scoring plate to run a line down each side of the yellow panel and stamped on a greeting.


I had a strip of paper left over from card making at craft group a month ago so I used stampin' up! hexagon punch and adhered them to a card. I punched a hole in the card and stamped my greeting through then added a Kaszazz Moroccan butterfly (clear embossed).


This is an example of seeing a card online and making it look HORRIBLE when you make it. But again, I was using up scraps. Next time I will use less colours and make the butterflies/paper strips stagger more.


This is a card I whipped up at craft group (and no-one liked it lol). It is gloss card that I stamped with french script with popcorn (white) chalk ink. Then I dabbed my green chalk ink over the top and wiped it all clean with a tissue. Where the white chalk ink was, shows up lighter.


Same technique as above (Kaszazz background stamp). I didnt centre the green panel because I wanted the entire card off to the right...and then I cleverly DIDNT put the greeting off to the right lol. Heather for the win!


No comments: