Sunday, February 23, 2014

A card for someone special

My dear friend Gita is having a bit of a tough time at the moment so this afternoon I sat down and made her a card. I was at her house for dinner yesterday which I only mention because the stamp on the front might otherwise seem odd. 

I made this card using a stampin' up! pop up card maker and my big shot machine.  Once I layered the black behind the pop up card, it looked too plain so I embossed it with a flower pattern and clear embossing powder. Next up I punched out some decorative labels and embossed my sentiment in black embossing powder.

Front view:


When you open up the card, it has a little pop up feature which I decorated using the matchin shapes from the front. Behind this pop up part is the black background. 


The final feature of this card is that it has a couple of closure slots at the bottom:


It really is quite a striking card in person. Next time I make it, I might consider using an embossing folder to texturise the front (the part that is black) and maybe have something different pop up inside.

No comments: