Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Moon kitties and dad's birthday card

I made these in the middle of last night. Question for you...do you like the moon coloured in or not coloured in? Also if I had coloured the moon in, could I then have put brown kitty on a brown card still?





This one is dad's birthday card this year. It has photographed badly, that brown cardboard in the background is actually the same brown as the cat card above and that greeny background is actually a light navy. This card bugged me when I was finished, and it took me a while to realise it was the colour I had stamped his age onto. Still, I sent it because dad's well...he's a male and they probably dont give a darn about birthday cards (though dad always loved hand made things, he still uses a hook I made him in metal work when I was 12 and he has a drawer full of my cards). Ignoring colours, what do you think of it? This was made using a stampin' up! background stamp, inkpad (close to cocoa) and cardboard (close to cocoa, not quite navy and whatever they call that shade of caramel the numbers are on) and kaiser repositionable number stamps.


I have loads of card making ideas today, and no time to make them!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm in love with the kitty cuteness!!

Quaver said...

Sorry for missing this, I got the email in the middle of my tranferring back to Rotocraphole.

I like the moon better coloured in. Also the border and cat maybe shouldn't be the same colour, regardless of wether the moon is coloured in or not? It is a very cute stamp!

And how cool, I watched you make your Dads card!