Tuesday, July 28, 2009

birth and death

So here are the cards I made last night. I didnt get very far before I sliced my thumb open (ON A PLASTIC INK PAD) and had to stop. First I knew I needed a sympathy card for my personal trainer but she is young (23) and I didnt want to make it fuddy duddy or too gloomy. I'm not sure I achieved it, I'm not sure if I like it even but I think it suits her and that's what counts.


I made two of these because what better to balance out the misery that is making sympathy cards than baby cards. These were actually made except not stamped so I was finishing them off. The colour is really off, the background card is in fact cream (as is the ribbon) and the greens are really mellow and baby toned.


2 comments:

Quaver said...

Beautiful sympathy card!

Kelly said...

I like the sympathy card too, so many of them are gloomy and depressing to look at. I know you want to be sombre as it's not a happy occasion but they can be pretty too surely. And that's why I like your one. I bet it's the most colourful one she receives!