Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A night of card making...and a morning.

Last night was card making at Sheryl's house. I made five cards. When I go there I have to pre-select card/stamps and any other supplies to take with me. Then I have to try and make something with them which I really struggle with. Last night I made this card but I'm not sure I even like it! That's three diamantes on the left hand square, they always look bad in photos but so cute in real life!


I decided that I will try to bulk make cards with a few colour changes. So last night I used my newish dinosaur stamp. I bought it a few months back and had only used it once (see previous entry) so I took it over and showed Sheryl how to colour them (you need a special blender pen to blend the colour of the nose and feet to the body. She stamped and coloured in HEAPS of them but here are mine. I've left some room at the top so I can add a happy birthday stamp which will be stamped on white and layered to match the card.


Then this morning I thought I would use up some random scraps of paper and do some quick note cards. This was an idea Sheryl showed me last night. She borrows a bit of my technique (more involved than hers usually but hers are sometimes simple and cute) and I borrow a bit of hers. So this design is from Sheryl but the four cards below are made by me.

This first one is using paper my friend Sharain sent me from USA. I LOVE that packet of paper, they are all cute patterns (especially the little birds).


I really like this one. I keep looking at that paper and wondering if it is too Christmassy?


This one is Ryan's favourite. Only because he and I are both drawn to red and white (were you at our wedding lol?).


Took me ages to find an ink to stamp on that pink card! I couldnt find a different yet toning card to use so I used more of the base card.

2 comments:

Quaver said...

Wow, some really cool cards there. I LOVE the dinosaur ones!

That purple and gold one makes me think Cadbury chocolate lol

Leash said...

i like the blue dino!