Tuesday, January 8, 2008

This is a card I made the day before I went to China. I inked up a new stamp I bought myself with white ink and stamped it onto the purple base card. Then I stamped the square floral stamp onto white card, layered it onto matching purple card. Using the same pinky-purple ink I stamped some flowers over the white swirl background.

Next I attached a white strip to the base card, knotted a piece of ribbon and attached that to the middle, then attached the square over the top. That very day Pat came in to look through the cards and took that one away for her sister's birthday (Aunty Dawn) lol.



While I was away in China, I did this small cross-stitch of a shell. I bought three of them (semco), this one, a hermit crab shell and a starfish before I left. I'm currently doing the second shell. When they are done I'll frame them together for my bathroom which has a seaside theme.




5 comments:

Quaver said...

Your cross stitch is always way neater then mine lol, I have seen the seashell before, it's cute

Heather said...

I wonder why?

I simply do a double thread and ALWAYS bottom left to top right, bottom right to top left.

I didnt even use a hoop on that one lol.

Quaver said...

I don't use a hoop for really small things. I am not sure why turns out messy. probably because I haven't got the technique quite right. Plus my anxious state of mind must make me prone to mistakes lol

The amount of thread I use depends on what the pattern says, sometimes it is double, sometimes tripe lol

Shandi said...

awww the card is awesome. and what a neat idea doing the shell theme to put in the bathroom!

Kelly said...

The shell looks like one my besty did for her bathroom and I am sure she has a starfish too but I think the third one is dolphin? Tis cool anyway!

KB