Sunday, May 12, 2013

Cards 46-50

Cards 46 and 47: These cards used paper smooches geographic stamp set. The stamp itself is a bit faulty in that no matter what I do, I can't get it to stamp properly on the right hand side of the stamp. Luckily for me, this design meant I could cut off the faulty side. I coloured it in using Kopic alcohol markers. The two phrase stamps are also from Paper Smooches. I use that set a LOT these days, I love it! I like that it has an informal feel to cards and for the most part, these cards are going to friends.



Card 48 and 49: I copied this idea off pinterest and they are just 'ok'. I think next time I'll sponge on a second colour for interest, perhaps a grey. I also don't like the dragonfly and think I might cut one out and add it on 3-d...though the idea was to make a flat card for posting lol. They arent so horrible that I can't use them but I don't love them.



Card 50: I made this card some time ago. I used the doilies die from Stampin' up! and someone gave me a fantastic hint which I've used ever since. I put a layer of baking paper in between the die and the card stock and it makes it so much easier to pop out the negative space and clean up the die. I now use that technique on all my complex dies. Tonight I found this card again and knew I wanted SOMETHING on the bottom then recalled I had found some (years old) rub on greetings so I added it to the front. Rub on's are much easier when done with a bone scorer than the ice-block stick they give you with them! It may not be perfect but at least now it is useable!


No comments: