Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cheep talk stamp set from Stampin' up!

When I looked back on the cards I made in 2009, I realised I hadn't made many I liked. So I've gone back to what I like, back to 'basics'. For me this means simpler colour schemes and somewhat layered and symetrical cards (as much as they can be when hand made).

With this new stamp set, I was trialling a few things. Did it look better to have flowers or pears in the tree? Was it better to have white as a background card colour, or a more bold colour? For a second 'flower in tree' card, see the entry below. I think I like the flower and the pear, and though I like the white cards I think I prefer the bolder background colours. What are your thoughts?

Card 1:

Card 2:
Card 3:

Card 4:
Card count for 2010: 6

1 comment:

Quaver said...

Perhaps bolder colours, though it stands out more with the white.

I think I like the pear better then the flower, it flows a bit nicer? lol

I like the blue one, number 3